After the introductory course, you continue your journey with the " Techni-glace " course to become completely autonomous with the rop climbing. This course is therefore for initiated climbers.
Age : 16 and older
Duration : Seven hours
Location : Montmorency Falls in Quebec City
The course includes :
- Seven hours of learning activities and supervised practice
- Qualified instructors
- Basic equipment (harness, carabiner, ATC, rope, ice axes, crampons)
- Level II Ice Climbing certification - On request only
- Review of basic techniques
- Adequate use of ice screws
- Belay on a tree
- Various useful knots
- Rappelling safely
- Vertical ice climbing on a top rope
- Materiel Management
- Ice climbing grading system
What to wear and bring :
- Warm clothing (several layers)
- Two pairs of gloves or mittens
- Ice climbing or Alpine skiing boots
- Lunch (avoid food that can freeze easily, such as fruits and vegetables)
- Energy snack and beverage
- Sunglasses of ski goggles (optional)
- Camera (optional)
Schedule : Every sunday from early January to mid-March.
By reservation only.
A day, for student: $ 99.00
A day, for adult: $ 115.00
Special rates for groups of 10 or more.
A minimum of 4 persons is required for the course to take place.
The taxes are applicable on all rates.
If you do not have suitable boots for ice climbing, please contact us. 418 647-4422 / 1-800-ROC-GYMS